Wednesday, January 15, 2014

baprons!

I eased backing into sewing after my winter recess by sewing a stack of Baprons (baby aprons!). The pattern is from Craftiness is not Optional and, speaking as the mother of a messy eater, these are the best bibs ever! They offer great coverage to help protect clothing, and they can't be pulled off, even by the most persistent of babies (like mine). Win-win! And they come together so quickly... I just wanted to make more and more!

The pattern was originally offered for free, which is when I printed it and sewed a couple for my daughter. Now it costs $6 to purchase, but don't let that hold you back, because they are so worth it. Plus, the Bapron now comes in 2 sizes: the smaller size goes up to 18 months, and the larger size fits from 18 months to 3 years. I am going to make a couple of the larger sized Baprons for my daughter shortly, as she is quickly growing out of hers. Not only will the large size make a great bib, but would also be perfect as an art smock or apron for any type of messy project.

baprons

Two of these bibs will be going to a baby-to-be. The other two will be headed to a baby who is starting solid foods soon. I'm sure both mothers will appreciate these useful and pretty bibs.

All fabric is from the remnant bin at JoAnn. Bias tape was purchased pre-made.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this review. I just bought this pattern and it is so easy I can also upsize it for larger child. Have so many babies to sew for this year. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could be helpful! I just love sharing things that work well for me. You'll find they come together so quickly - rather addicting to make! :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard that Baprons are really great. Well, I think that it is true because I am now looking at these Baprons and I could say that their style is awesome and unique. Thank you for this review. It helps a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!