Thursday, January 30, 2014

kid's clothes week: checked circle skirt

I've been having all sorts of fun making clothes for my daughter during Kid's Clothes Week! (It's a whole week with the challenge to sew clothes for your kid(s) for at least one hour each day). So far, I've made three articles of clothing for my baby girl, and I have plans for at least one more.

circle skirt

Today I am sharing the checked black and white circle skirt I made with vintage fabric and 1" fushia elastic.


I used Dana's tutorial at MADE and it turned out just perfect. I had a little trouble hemming the bottom in a circle, but I suppose that's to be expected and imperfections will never be noticeable in such a flowy skirt anyway.


However, sewing is the easy part compared to doing photo shoots with my wriggly little munchkin. She is a full-blown crawler and just wants to go, go, go!


Lots of fun and so quick to make! I think I will be making many more of these over the next few years!

 

I guess that means it's time to go! But I'll be back soon with more recently completed projects. :)

5 comments:

  1. That is an adorable skirt!!! And it looks like she's going to get into everything :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is definitely getting into everything, haha!

      Delete
  2. I definitely have to make a couple of these for my girls! Yours is adorable! Wait until she gets on her feet and starts to swirl - you too will have to make a couple more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and your Grandmother was a gorgeous lady!
    Grandmothers are special! I was taught to sew and embroidery by mine, when I was 10...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments! Yes, I can't wait until my daughter is walking, it will be even more fun to sew for her then! And my grandmother always had craft projects to do with me, too! :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!