Thursday, June 26, 2014

snappy mani pouch

I sewed up a Snappy Mani Pouch - also known as a Snappy Manicure Wallet - for my sister's upcoming birthday. The free pattern is by Noodlehead on the Robert Kaufmann website.

snappy mani pouch by noodlehead, sewed by dandelions and lace

It's a cute fold-up wallet that can hold your nail polish and other nail accessories for a manicure on the go!

snappy mani pouch by noodlehead, sewed by dandelions and lace

The pattern was easy to follow and easy to sew. I'm happy for the most part with how it turned out... but really hoping my sister will like the crazy color scheme. All the fabrics were from my stash, so I was just trying to work with what I have.

snappy mani pouch by noodlehead, sewed by dandelions and lace

The only change I would make for the next time is when adding the top snap pieces, I would put nail polish in the pockets and fill up the pouch to get a better idea of correct snap placement. I added the top snap pieces where I thought they looked correct, and it turns out the that pouch gets a little tight when it is full. I should have put the snaps a bit higher but didn't realize it until it was too late.

snappy mani pouch by noodlehead, sewed by dandelions and lace

I definitely plan to make another one of these for myself - and you should too, remember the pattern is free! :)

snappy mani pouch by noodlehead, sewed by dandelions and lace

1 comment:

  1. This is for my upcoming birthday in January, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment... I'd love to hear from you!